Travelogue: Jakarta – Puncak (Day 1)
There was a massive promotion by Air Asia last year where everybody stay awake at midnight to get “free seat” and the lowest fare. Me and my sister are one of them too, she keep on calling and text me updating about destination and the date. Which finally we decided to go Jakarta. After few time at “waiting room” that seems like waiting for forever, plus several time lost internet connection, i managed to book flights for Jakarta via Kota Kinabalu. The next day, my sister too get their tickets too. It doesn’t stop there, as time passed by, the number of family joining for this trip expand until the day we left Kota Kinabalu to Jakarta, there were 15 of us.
Considering this is family trip, i think it would be easier to manage with Travel Agent at Jakarta and let them handle everything, from accommodation, meals, and transport. In the next post after this, you will see our activities are nothing but shopping.
Day 1 13 September 2012
Our flight departure at 1710hrs. Just a friendly reminder here:
- Our check-in counters are open two (2) hours before the scheduled flight departure time. Counters close forty five (45) minutes before the scheduled flight departure time. For AirAsia flights to and from Australia, check-in counters open three (3) hours and closes one (1) hour before scheduled flight departure time.
- Check-in deadlines may vary at different airports and for particular flights. It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with these deadlines.
- Airports have long queues due to complex security checks. We suggest that you check-in early and proceed immediately to the departure gate or you may risk being left behind in security.You must be in possession of a boarding pass by the time check-in closes, or you will not be accepted for the flight
- Do not carry any liquids, aerosols and gels more than 100ml in your cabin baggage
- Pre-book to upsize your Check-in Baggage for less and save more to shop more. Each checked baggage shall not exceed 32kg;
- Guests may not use the unused checked baggage weight of other guests unless traveling on the same Itinerary
Well this reminder you can read when you purchased Air Asia ticket, it been there for a long time but I never read this until the moment i write this post just to make the content look longer and useful. And i’m not kidding. 🙂
If you study the flight duration to Jakarta from Kota Kinabalu, it just about 1 hour and 40 minutes. It actually showing the “local time” which Jakarta is about -1 hour difference. Immigration form & custom will be distributed on board, and you are adviced to fill it as this form are going to be submitted once arrive and pass the immigration counter.
Upon our arrival at Terminal 3, our guide are ready and the arrival hall holding welcome note with my name. We were then taken to a restaurant named “Bukit Randu Bandara” which takes just about 10-15 minute drive from Terminal 3 before proceed our ±3 hours journey to Puncak.
The first hour passing Jakarta’s most busiest commercial and business centre called The Golden Triangle in Setiabudi Subdistrict, South Jakarta.
About almost 2 hour after passing busy traffic, the journey now goes uphill is Cipayung. Cipayung is a subdistrict (kecamatan) of East Jakarta. The boundaries of Cipayung are Pondok Gede Raya Road to the North, Sunter River to the East, and Jagorawi Tollway to the West. The Subdistrict is located in the outskirts of Jakarta. Marshes can still be found in Cipayung. You can see there are shops along they way, both left and right side which just about 10-15 feet away from the roadside, and some even less than that. You can find any kind of business here but mostly are resort, restaurant, local fruits stalls, Spa & Reflexology (Jari Sakti Pijat), Nasi Padang, Sate, Nasi Padang, Sate, and the list goes on. It continues until we reached at our hotel, Surya Indah Puncak.